H17 3/4 x W7 7/8 x D5 1/8 in
Born in 1941, Zoltán Bohus attended the Hungarian Academy of Applied Arts, under the guidance of Gyorgy Z. Gacs who organised the academic training of glass designers in Hungary. Zoltan currently serves as head professor of the glass department.
Both during and after the academic years, his works displayed his experiments with material and technology, and he returned to basic forms as a representative of neoconstructivist, minimalist sculpture. Using contemporary architecture as his initial inspiration, throughout the years Zoltán developed his geometrical work to such a level
that architects are now themselves being inspired by his architectonic sculptures.
He won numerous international prizes an his work is in the permanent collections of several museums, including the Corning Museum of Glass, the Hungarian National Gallery, Kunstmuseum Dusseldorf in Germany, the Musée des Arts Décoratifs in Switzerland, and the Yokohama Museum in Japan.
Zoltan Bohus is profoundly considered as one of the founding members of the modern Hungarian glassmaking movement. He was a university professor since 1993 and head of the chair from 1993 to 1996.